Facebook Contest Rule
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Contest (“Campaign”) is open only to those who are of the age of majority in their province of residence as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Alberta and British Columbia, Canada and is void where prohibited by law. The Contestant (“You/Your/Yours”) must be able to physically claim and receive the prize at the Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd. branch location that corresponds to the post in which you submitted your entry (see ‘How to Enter’). Employees of Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd, Best Plumbing Ltd, AS Canada, ULC (American Standard) their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, You agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Bartle & Gibson Co Ltd. as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting at 12:00am Mountain Time (“MT) on February 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59pm Pacific Time (“PT”) on February 28, 2019. All online entries must be received by 11:59pm PT on February 28, 2019.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by You by performing the following actions. First You must login to Your Facebook account and follow and like Bartle & Gibson Careers. Then You must find the Campaign post from Bartle & Gibson Careers stating the name of the city in which You wish to enter and “mention” a friend as a comment on that post. Each comment of this nature is a separate entry into the Campaign. 10 entries maximum permitted into the contest during the Campaign period. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple Facebook accounts, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd. You must be able to physically claim and receive the prize at the Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd. branch location that corresponds to the post in which You submitted Your entry. Prizes will not be shipped to winners.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a Google Mini Home manufactured by Google with a retail value of approximately $80 CAD. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. There is one prize available in total.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd. Winner will be notified by direct message on Facebook within ten (10) business days following the end of the Campaign. Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 45 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT BARTLE & GIBSON CO LTD’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd, anyone acting on behalf of Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd, and Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, Facebook profile name, Facebook profile image, Facebook comment, any statements about the Campaign via Facebook, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd. Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of 10 (even if from different Facebook accounts); or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of Facebook’s website or platform, any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Campaign; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Campaign or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND ALBERTA AND BRITISH COLUMBIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, contestant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall the contestant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than contestant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Contestant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd 13475 Fort Road, Edmonton, AB T5A 1C6 Canada ATTN: Human Resources Department RE: Facebook Contest. Requests must be received no later than February 28, 2019 at 11:59pm MT.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd 13475 Fort Road, Edmonton, AB T5A 1C6 Canada.
- Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Bartle & Gibson Co. Ltd is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- By participating via Facebook, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.